The Sauder Village Quilt Show starts Tuesday, April 26. Don't miss this show with more than 400 new quilts on display.
Highlights of the Show:
- 435 quilts pre-registered for the show
- Special exhibit of five quilts by guest artist Nancy Prince entered in the Master's category
- Special exhibit of quilts by Ann Stamm Merrell in the lobby of the Sauder Heritage Inn.
- NEW!! During the show we will sell raffle tickets for a quilt made at Threads of Traditions.
- NEW!! Each judge will be awarding a Judge's Choice ribbon in addition to all the other awards.
Don't miss the variety of exciting workshops taught by guest instructor, Nancy Prince, thread painting expert. Bring a new dimension to your quilt with this beautiful technique. Class sizes are limited, so be sure to register now for your chance at learning from this talented artist.
If you would still like to sign up for a workshop with Nancy Prince, attend the Awards dinner lecture on Friday night, or participate in the Gallery Walk before the show opens on Tuesday morning. Call 419.446.2541 as soon as possible. Details about the workshops.
Demonstrations to be held in Founder's Hall:
(every day Tuesday - Sunday)
- Hand Quilting The Return of the Swallows quilt
- Lunch bag designs sewn from laminated or home dec print fabrics
- Wool appliqué
- Hand appliquéing a block from Karen Kay Buckley’s Japanese Garden Quilt,
- Piecing Eleanor Burn's Day & Night quilt, as well as showing you how all the leftover pieces from the quilt can be used in two smaller projects so that there is no wasted fabric.
- Continuous tessellating pinwheels using the special "Twister" tool
Also on Wednesday, Marcia Derse, the fabric designer for the 2011 Challenge fabric will be available to talk with show attendees and share her excitement and ideas for fabric design.
Join us for this exciting event where quilters unite, share and display their best work all in one place.
See you there,